LEGO Therapy Groups
I offer termly LEGO Therapy groups at schools for up to five children. LEGO Therapy is an evidence-based child-led social skills group intervention for children with social communication and language difficulties. If you are interested in running a LEGO therapy group at your school, please get in touch.
I am a trained tutor for ELKLAN and I can run the training course for teachers and teaching assistants working with children from 5-11 years of age. Once trained, teaching staff who have taken the course:
- Can liaise efficiently with the advisory support services
- Share a common language which reduces the time needed to explain information and so improves efficiency
- Understand why they are being asked to support a child in a specific way
- Know how to modify their interactions with the children
- Change the way they speak to children so they understand more of what is said
- Use modelling to encourage talking
- Understand the development of speech sounds and why children have problems, they are taught simple strategies to help the child.
- Know how to support a child with interaction difficulties
- Can manage some children themselves and know which need to be referred on for more assessment
What are you waiting for?
Get tailored therapy now!